Vacancy Product Designer
How do you make the customers happy?
Given the immense amount of customer/partner matches and rapidly evolving customer and partner preferences, it is imperative that this retailer continuously improves and/or innovates the user experience. Some customers know exactly what they are looking for), others like to browse or swipe around. It’s up to you to help those customers discover the myriad of possibilities, transforming shopping from a largely functional to a truly inspiring experience.
What you will do as a Product Designer?
You will focus on enhancing the web shop and the app experience, identifying and acting upon the biggest customer needs and frustrations within your product domain. You will take the lead in designing a unique, personalized customer experience, based on visually appealing, highly intuitive features, and supported by data science applications. By experimenting you make the customer experience a little better each day. To achieve that ambition, you work closely with the Product Manager, Product Owners, fellow Designers, Business Analysts and Engineers from multiple teams.
You get energized by contributing to the ‘design community’ and have plenty of ideas to elevate the community’s impact. You teach colleagues from other disciplines the tricks of the ‘design thinking’ trade and stimulate them to put the customer perspective first. Knowing how to commit and engage a variety of stakeholders is key. If you decide to apply (we hope you do), we’ll ask for your portfolio. Share something you’re proud of!
- You’ll take the lead in product discovery, set up customer research and make sure customer insights are top of mind for everyone
- You ensure customer and data insights are main triggers for improvements
- You know the market developments: ‘what’s happening at the competition?’
- You will work with the Product Manager, teams and stakeholders to develop the vision and strategy for the product
- You will contribute to the success of product innovation teams by developing visual concepts
- You will collaborate with other product designers and accelerate development of the design community. For example by aligning product visions, and by creating and implementing design principles
- You are a challenger who initiates product discussions and inspires other
This is where you’ll work
You are a member of Marketing & Shopping Technologies, the innovation department that optimizes the entire customer journey – from the first point of contact (on site or in the app) until the checkout experience. Discover is a new product. There is no backlog with fleshed-out plans, so it’s largely up to you to decide what deserves our attention. They leverage customer research to determine which initiatives contribute positively to the (customer centric) ambitions. And you play a crucial role! They work multidisciplinary, and consider enabling teams to work autonomously as a key success factor. Roles take precedence over formal positions, trust and responsibility are our guiding principles, and both team and personal development are actively encouraged.
Are you a natural project leader and do you have 5+ years experience as a UX designer / product designer? And do you know how to manage complex processes? Are you customer focussed and can you lay out a strategic vision with clear goals? And do you have a portfolio with an impressive visual app designs? If so.. please send me and email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +31621105288
Interested or want to know more?
Call Marijke van Liempt +31621105288, or mail to email@example.com or click apply.Apply